Have you noticed that whenever you wear a wig, you tend to get zits on your forehead along the line where you put the wig or on your scalp?
What is acne?
Acne is a common skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells, also known as acne or acne.
It can cause whiteheads, blackheads, or acne.
Most of the time, outbreaks occur on the face, but can also occur on the back, chest, and shoulders.
Do wigs cause acne?
Wigs can cause acne.
In fact, human hair wigs mainly cause acne on your forehead due to contact dermatitis.
Contact dermatitis is caused by the constant movement of the wig on the forehead, which causes inflammation, which can lead to acne.
Fortunately, there are some useful ways to prevent acne.
Read on to learn more about how to prevent forehead acne.
How to prevent wig acne?
As we all know, prevention is better than cure!
Here are 3 ways to get rid of scalp acne:
1. Use styling products correctly
Overuse of products while wearing wigs can clog the scalp and ultimately lead to acne on the skin.
Therefore, when using these products, be sure to apply the products by hand and carefully apply them away from the hairline, and avoid using too many hair care products, such as gels, as much as possible.
It is recommended to tie a band or scarf over your hairline before spraying and wiping your forehead to prevent any residue on your skin.
2. Wash your wig and scalp regularly
Wigs and scalp hygiene play a vital role in avoiding clogging pores.
Wigs should be washed at least once a week.
If you frequent the gym, work in a kitchen, or work in a dusty environment, you'll need to wash your wig and your natural hair more frequently to make sure your natural hair and scalp under your wig are always adequately protected.
3. Don't wear wigs too often
If you wear wigs regularly, it's easy to increase your chances of breaking out due to increased friction and inflammation, as well as the longer time your pores are in contact with sweat and dirt.
So don't wear a wig every day and give your natural hair and scalp a break sometimes.
How to treat the acne that wearing a wig causes?
Don't be alarmed if you have acne from wearing HD lace wigs.
Here are some treatments that can help you treat acne.
1. When washing your hair and scalp, use a medicinal shampoo with a range of natural and mild ingredients such as tea tree and salicylic acid to help wash away excess oil and debris and remove bacteria for a cleaner scalp;
2. Eat foods rich in vitamins A and E;
3. Remove your hand from your face;
4. Don't forget to drink at least eight to ten glasses of water a day.
5. Make sure you spend at least 15 to 20 minutes a day doing yoga or meditation, which will help rejuvenate your body and mind and thus help lower your stress levels;
6. Try to keep these products away from your skin.
7. Keep your face clean by washing it once or twice a day with mild soap or cleanser;
8. Change your pillowcases every four days and choose ones made of natural fabrics.
9. Never skip washing your face and using a mild cleanser after a strenuous or sweaty workout.
10. See a doctor and ask for professional treatment;
How to Wash a wig to Prevent Acne (step-by-step guide)?
Wearing a clean wig not only looks and smells amazing and fresh, but its cleanliness will reduce the amount of dirt that builds upon the scalp and hairline, thereby reducing the risk of skin acne.
Matters needing attention:
1. Don't wash your hair too hard. Avoid scrubbing or rubbing your hair, as this can damage the strands.
2. For best results, use a clarifying shampoo designed for human wigs that is gentle and non-damaging and designed specifically for your wig needs.
3. Avoid using a hairdryer and combing your hair until the lacy wig is completely dry.
Scalp problems are caused by many reasons, and we should keep them clean and healthy. For quality and affordable wigs, come to West Kiss Hair!